Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Temple Street Cookware Shops - Sin Huat/Lau Choy Sing

After finish my bowl of Lor Mee, it is time to move on to my next destination in my Foodie Trek that is cookware shops along Temple Street as I looking for some unique cookware to showcase my culinary creation.



The first cookware shop we set foot is Sin Huat. Sin Huat houses a wide assortment of cookwares as well as F&B industrial appliances ranging from blender to griller/oven. It is like mecca for all culinary artists irregardless if you are professional or amateur. I was deeply in trance when I step in the first level that houses the F&B appliances, pots/pans, glassware which is quite bizarre and not sold at your average supermarket or departmental store.  



I have no idea there is a second level at Sin Huat. So I happily prance up to the second level to find unique dining ware arrange in 4 rows of glass shelf. Some of the dinning ware shown below is even used in famous restaurant like Taste Paradise. But I didn't manage to find the dinning ware I wanted, so I proceed to Lau Choy Sing further down. Lau Choy Sing was bustling with customer therefore, I cut my trip short. However, I manage to find a cheaply price unqiue ceramic ware at Moderne shop across Temple Street.


2 comments:

X Melissa said...

I stumbled on your blog while searching for the address to the Moderne store.

I LOVE going to Temple Street to stock up on kitchen ware. I don't think I've ever managed to set foot on that street without buying something that makes my baking adventures easier and my kitchen more crowded.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

X M @ careerintheoven

cookfreak said...

You're right. Wish I got a walk-in kitchen to store all those kitchenware. If you look for cheaper ceramic kitchenware, Daiso is also a good choice as well.