Monday, October 5, 2009

Belated Cooking Spree Afterthought

Despite suffering from flu doesn't impede my spirit to cook, as I need to clear some of the offer food items that I stock up during to Hari Raya Holidays as I can't resist.those huge discount given out by the major supermarkets. For this week, I decided to whip a quick & easy Butter Chicken, Butter Garlic Naan Bread accompanied by Dory Fish Herb Nuggets with Salad to satiate my craving for buttery curry.

So far, most of my recipes are highly influence by the weekly food product discounts offered by the supermarkets.  This is the only way you can enjoy good food while the savings from the discount is transfer to you directly as supermarket have tendency to mark up the price many folds in order to earn profit from the general consumer. Sometimes, I even go to the extent to purchase quick sale products from supermarket as the discount given is half of it actual price due to the product is nearing expiry. For example, a low fat mozzarella 1kg cost $19.90 but after quick sale the price is half to $9.90, Therefore, you can enjoy some of those relatively expensive food products without the need to break your piggy bank.

However, not all quick sale products I will consider as products like eggs, milk and sauces tend to go bad as it's near end of shelf life as I encountered before milk curds in those quick sale milk.Those quick sale product that I've normally purchase are cheese, crackers or honey as it is known fact some cheese are known to age for many years and still consumable, while honey being high in sugar content basically doesn't turn bad if it fully seal airtight and crackers if you consume immediately doesn't poise any health risk. I hope this small nugget of cost saving advice prove usefully for those who want a taste of epicurean while avoid burning a hole in your pocket.

No comments: