Sunday, October 25, 2009

Saturday Cooking Spree Afterthought

While cooking is a chore for most, cooking really bring me a lot of pleasure if compared to other types of hobbies. The sight of seeing the person you cook for enjoying the fruits of your labor is priceless. I would always go the extra miles to made a particular recipe or dish more flavorful or appealing as cooking for someone you know is very personal.

The same cannot be said for restaurant as every dish or recipe are subject to economy of scale and chef in the restaurant are subjected to cooking for many clientele at a single night as a result it might lack a personal touch. This is just a general statement as there is still a lot of great restaurants and hawkers out there serving great food even go to extra miles to customise to your taste. I know a few restaurant that go the extra miles to customise the dish to your preference.

I didn't cook much this Saturday as I plan to go on foodie trek with my friend in Chinatown district. However, I whip up a fast brunch peri peri winglet, ham mesculin salad, garlic potato soup accompanied with toasted garlic french bread for my mother before I moved out. There is a few hit and miss in this Saturday foodie trek which I will post later.


No comments: