Monday, September 21, 2009

Hari Raya Cooking Spree Afterthought

Seeking solace in cooking different kinds of cuisine is the only remaining simple pleasure I could afford nowadays with everything go up like nobody business. This Hari Raya holiday cookout was a bit of a rush as I need to juggle between a few cuisine all within the same day - Lok Lok Hotpot (for my friend coming over), Le Grand Sandwich (as lunch for my mum) and Chicken Korma (for my workday lunch).

Overall, I enjoyed the cooking experience immensely except for the internal family strife happened yesterday that mired any of the little joy I've collected over the holidays. I don't intend to air dirty linens here as I believe everyone more or less have their own that they wish they can bleach away with Clorox. This is Life and family strife bound to happen. Life is really tiring (for myself I don't imply those who read this blog lol) nowadays with constant tussle in the corporate world and struggles to make ends meet to let alone let family strife to erode away your last haven of happiness. I hope my current feeling of moodiness will subside soon as life still needs to go on. I will still continue to cook more exotic cuisine as "Food is the chicken soup for the soul".  


No comments: