Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Amazing Must Have Egg Timer

I'm an avid ramen egg lover to the extent of paying $2.00 just to have it as a additional topping when I dine in ramen house or stall. The creamy semi-cooked yolk always leave a feeling of wholesomeness in my palate. However, I have no idea how to made such an egg and I google a bit on the net doesn't provide me much detail information on how to go about making it.

I thought of using an egg timer to cook ramen egg. However traditional egg timer doesn't really cater to different size egg nor the boiling water temperature need to ensure the egg white is fully cook but not the egg yolk. One day, I happen to stumble upon this Burton Egg Timer retailing at $12 that uses temperature of the water to indictate how cooked is the egg in few departmental stores CK Tang, Robinsons & Takashimaya.

I was skeptic at first on the efficacy of this gadget and decide to hold off my purchase ($12 not cheap leh if u compare to $2 egg timer at Daiso) and decide to do some research on this gadget. After going thru the positive & negative reviews given on the net, I decide give it a try. It works and for the first time I manage to make a 80% ramen egg that matches those ramen shop. For those who ramen egg lover, it is a must have cooking gadgets and I can vouch for this device with my soul.

No comments: