Monday, February 11, 2008

New Japan F&B Craze - Shokoku


A new kind of Japanese Craze F&B - Shokoku or Shokuko hit Singapore F&B scene. It is opened recently in the new section at Raffles City Basement - MarketPlace. Pardon me if I got the name wrong as I was amazed by the queue than take note of the restaurant name when I took the picture with my PSP camera. It is open concept similar to Marche where a lot of mini stalls inside selling Japanese cuisine whereby you pay what you order. I personally haven't try it out but from the surface it looked similar to Marche.

I guess Singaporean find this F&B concept refreshing considering it is Marche cross Japanese. I personally find it is nothing new just a concept being rehash with another country cuisine. I will give it a go once the fad die down bit or after a year with reference to donut craze that rock Singapore last year. Seem like Donut bandwagon didn't die down much as compared to RotiBoy craze few years back, Bread Talk owner also decide to join in the Donut war and opened a donut concept cafe at the MarketPlace with ample media coverage by local news.

Singaporean tastebuds is ever changing as today fad might become yesterday news. Even the donut shop that rock Singapore at Raffles City - MarketPlace for a year also showing wan in popularity. As for whether another Shokoku or Shokuku will be opening another outlet remains to be seen.

No comments: