Saturday, May 22, 2010

Saturday Cookout Afterthought

I give advice to my friend's mum over Live Messenger on how to go about using the microwave to cook marinated chicken. As reported by my friend, the outcome was pretty successful. However, he commented it seem so tedious and difficult despite the process of using a microwave to cook the marinated chicken is pretty effortless and simple. I cannot comprehend why so many people perceive cooking as tedious and complex.  

I have a friend that say why you can effortless cook dishes that seem so complex and tedious. Well I have my fair share of failure and this saturday cookout is a failure despite it aesthetic appearance. My dutch rendition of Stampot is too dry and the pan fried skewered bacon wrapped dory fish isn't crispy enough. It would be ideal if it is deep fried.
 
Even in failure, you can learn what could be done to improve the failed recipe. As I always say no one is born a cook, it is only whether you have a heart to cook. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you publish your easy yet delicious recipe of cooking chicken with microwavethat you mentioned to your friend? Thanks =)

Anonymous said...

oops there are some typo in the paragraphs above.

microwave food tend to be so dry.
and it sorts of frighten me to think what cause the food to cook so fast and so high temperature...

cookfreak said...

Thanks for your comment. Microwave food need not be dry depends what kind of result you expect. If you expect it to be braised or steam, then it is achievable in microwave.

If you expecting a crispy outcome, then microwave is not the way to go. However using a toaster oven a crispy result is possible. I will be posting some microwave recipe soon once formalize some of my recipe.