Monday, February 1, 2010

Wagyu Hotpot Waterloo - Shabuya Vivo City

We chance upon Shabuya a newly open Shabu Shabu restaurant during a jalan jalan session at Vivo City during pre christmas period. The main highlight of Shabuya is that they are offering premium quality cut of meats (Kurobuta pork & Wagyu beef) to satisfy your fussy epicurean tastebuds.


Best of all, Shabuya is offering weekend brunch that include all this premium quality meat for shabu shabu from 11:30am to 4:00pm at $29.90 exclude GST/Service Charge. I had my skepticism that whether Shabuya is really offering real Wagyu beef for shabu shabu as I have my fair share of false claims.


On one eventful saturday, I gathered my makan kaki to give Shabuya a run for our money. I was late for the brunch as I was suffering burnout from my new job as "great power comes with great responsibilities". I was informed by my friend who was already chowing down to succulent Wagyu that the Shabuya brunch buffet have a 90 minutes grace period. I manage to "websling" to Shabuya with only 60 minutes left on the clock.


Luckily, my makan kaki have pre-order a few trays of succulent Wagyu Beef, Angus Rib-eye Beef & Kurobuta to temporary satisfy my insatiable craving for premium meat that can easily cost $20 per 100gram in Mediya or Isetan Supermart at Shaw House. The wagyu serve in Shabuya is a real deal from the as you can see the marbling of fats distribute across the beef. I wouldn't say it is a high grade as the marbling is not very consistent across the beef to warrant a high grade.


It is cut thinly so you do not really need to cook it too long. Simply run it through the hotpot 3 times and it ready for consumption. The Wagyu beef is really tender and so rich with beefy goodness it put other types of beef slice to shame. But the richness might be too overwhelm for those new to eating beef. Fear not, the Angus ribeye beef slice is there to address this issue. For those who couldn't take beef, there is Kurobuta pork loin and pork belly which is equally as good as Wagyu.

Shabuya is a real deal restaurant as they deliver what their buffet promise and do not skimp when customer request for more Wagyu or Kurobuta. I can substantiate this point further as this is the hotpot buffet I ever suffered "Waterloo" like Napoleon for failing to consume the amount I ordered. LOL. Therefore, for those kiasu buffet buff do take note.

No comments: