Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Easy Smoking Without Fuss


It been raining like hell for the whole day and freezing cold in the office, I decided to drop by Ken's Ramen Shop at Orchard Plaza for a bowl of hot kimichi ramen to warm my "cold lifeless body". Ken's kimchi ramen is reinforced with spicy and robust kimchi pork bone soup base that I could argue is the best kimchi ramen I ever ate in Singapore.

Fully recharged, I decided to drop by Centrepoint - Cold Storage to work off the excess heartiness as well as to see if there is any exciting culinary ingredients or sauces that is not commonly find your average NTUC, Shop`N'Save & Giant.

To my surpise, I've strike gold - Wright's Hickory Seasoning Liquid Smoke $4.20 SGD. It allows you to bring smoky flavour to all types of meats, poultry, fish and vegetable without the need of using a smoker or BBQ. Smoker is not commonly available for sale to general consumer in Singapore except for those F&B factory that produce ham, bacon & sausage. Therefore, if you want to make a dish that have a smoky flavour it is "mission impossible". There is an alternative way - Smoking Bag sold in Carrefour but you need a BBQ in order achieve that. I have a few recipes that I would like to try out and will update soon.

No comments: